01 April 2009

It will not smell bad on the inside until your kids use it

I know a bit about licensing properties and I know a tad about collecting. So, I think I know a hot property when I see one.

ThinkGeek.com made up a sleeping bag that is pure retail gold. I don't know if the licensing folks at LucasFilm are too protective of their property to allow some harmless humor but what kid doesn't want to climb inside the belly of a Tauntaun? What parent who grew up under the influence of George Lucas doesn't want to buy this for his child? I want two of them immediately! ThinkGeek produced a product page as a joke but the flood of requests for the real thing have moved the company to seek a license. Like all Star Wars items, it will not come cheep.

Read more about it at ThinkGeek.com.

For those who missed it, there are some excellent comments on my blog entry found here on the happiest place on earth. I discovered some things at Disneyland and will post some thoughts soon. I found some (for me) answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment