22 March 2010

Photo of the week (or whenever), NCAA below



I took this photo (which you can click for a much bigger version in much better detail) while in Romania visiting my friend James C., who was there for around two months working. The chance to go somewhere I had not been and wasn't likely to go to again, was too good to pass up so I braved long, long, long flights to Bucharest.

James was busy working during the day so that left me free to roam Bucharest by myself. I obviously don't speak Romanian but I couldn't sit around so I went to museums and walked through the historic city. It was beautiful with some architecture that reminded me of Paris and then it was gray from its years of communism and there were always fantastic Eastern Orthadox churches to be found.

This photo was on a door on a street in an older but residential part of town. I like it and it evokes for me the sense of decaying beauty I saw. I would like to return and the tiny, tiny part of my brain that sees business opportunities, thinks this place is ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment