23 December 2008

Ice grass alternatives





I am not a terrible photographer but I know a lot of very good photographers because of my professional life. These men and women take photos, edit photos, talk about photos, look at photos and think about photos a remarkable percentage of their lives. Most editors don't go home and edit their family but paid photographers go home and photograph their family and if they are unlucky or nice, they photograph neighbors and friends and wannabe-friends and everybody else.

Again, I am not a terrible photographer but I know enough to know how far from greatness I am and that even "good" is at best a distant speck on the horizon that may be more my imagination than something I actually see. Photos I post here shouldn't be taken as anything more than a creative exercise on my part. I have no illusions.

Still, I want to be "see" better, understand and use light better and present the best pictures I can. Looking at my "Ice Grass" post I decided there were a lot of ways to look at that picture. Here are two alternatives. I supose "better" is a noble pursuit.

1 comment:

  1. In my "uneducated in photography" opinion, I like these cropped images better than the original. I think a good photographer is also a good cropper.

    ReplyDelete