02 March 2009

My next evil plan

The internet is cool. If you haven't checked it out, you really should. It has a lot to offer. One thing I love about it is the inevability of finding things or pages accidentally when you are looking for other things. In this way, my "Next Evil Plan" was formulated.

First, a primer.

I work in a nine story building with my company owning all floors but only using 3 - 8. For several years I have worked on the third floor and enjoyed this because it gave me a space of my own where I could express slightly my personality and hang up nerd stuff and adjust my chair exactly how I like it. It featured the fewest number of people on it but provided excellent communication among those who did work there. We enjoyed the privacy. It provided us a feeling of friendship and togetherness. It also came with ample storage, a phone number I could call my own (XXX-PIGS which will now go unanswered) and just a place to feel comfortable.

Recently my department was informed that we would be working on various floors and sharing work stations. There are good and bad things about this but it meant no iTunes, or CNN or ESPN and no chair, phone and "stuff" to call my own.

-sigh-


So, while looking for something on the internet, I found a really cool website that tells you how to make a "Thing In A Jar". With some rubber cement, some sculpy, some paint, a jar and some coke, I can make my own "Thing In A Jar." I then plan to display it on the desk that is shared by at least five workers and sits in the middle of a high-traffic area.

The concept behind "Thing In A Jar," is that it shields the viewer from seeing exactly what they are looking at. This would be a masterpiece of unspoken hilarity (for me) and would let people wonder what is in the jar on not-my-desk.

You can learn to make your own if you simply click right here.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment