14 December 2009

Customer service


It is currently late at night and bitterly cold again in Salt Lake City. It is so late in fact that I am not going to head to the store and buy a Nestle Crunch Bar. I just don't feel like going out right now but tomorrow, when I get a minute, buying a Nestle Crunch Bar will be a top priority.

Why?

Because somebody in the company is smart and funny and unconventional. My friend Joseph (also known with affection as "Foe") suggested I call the Crunch Hotline at 1-800-295-0051 and simply wait after it gives me the option of listening to the menu in Spanish or English. I did and now I will be buying a bar.

I am reading the book "What Would Google Do?" by Jeff Jarvis and it too is smart and funny and one of the concepts it teaches is that having customers act as advertisers really works. Nestle could have spent money with an advertising firm to make a new slogan and bought time on television or space in newspapers but instead, they managed to get Joseph to spread the word for them and here I am doing the same thing.

Go ahead, I dare you to call 1-800-295-0051 and wait a few seconds after hearing the option for Spanish or English. You might be buying a Crunch bar yourself as a reward. I would love your comments here on the blog but don't spoil it for those who haven't called!

1 comment:

  1. But why would I call if I think crunch bars are disgusting? Will I still want to buy one after I call if I hate them? If so, that IS good marketing. I will think about it. I am a little curious.

    ReplyDelete